Saturday, August 20, 2011

Did you know about The Halloween Tree?

For Challenge 10 "Did you Know..." at Disney Scrappers we had to do a layout based on a little known fact about Disneyland. I decided to do one about The Halloween Tree. In 2007 one of the trees in Frontierland was decorated with lights and jack-o-lanterns and dedicated as The Halloween Tree from the Ray Bradbury book of the same name. Mr. Bradbury attended the dedication ceremony on Halloween night. For this layout I used Basic Grey Ambrosia Mandarin for the background paper, Bo Bunny striped border sticker, Sassafrass checked border, DCWV Ghosts and Ghouls Jack-o-Lantern border. I cut the Jack-o-Lanterns for the tree from the other half of the border strip and popped them up with foam tape. The tree and the word Halloween were cut on my Silhouette. The journaling is from the dedication plaque. I printed it on white cardstock and spritzed it with Glimmer Mist in Black Magic. The gravestone and medallion stickers are also from DCWV Ghost and Ghouls. The bling is from my stash so I am not sure of the maker. The small picture is a bit blurry, but the other close-up picture I had of the Jack-o-Lanterns that hang on the tree was not as colorful so I used this one instead.


2 comments: